Thursday, December 2, 2010

I was never really afraid of voldemort

There are many things to fear in life.
  • hairy spiders
  • anorexic spiders
  • spiders
  • worms
  • centi/millipedes
  • cockroaches
  • mosquitos
  • snakes
  • drunk people
  • mass murderers
  • north korean government
But if you think about it, if you truly truly think about it. The things that you are
actually afraid of are all abstract.

I don't know about you, but one of my biggest fears is actually lonliness.
I'm not sure exactly why, maybe its because i'm used to being surrounded by my family
who constantly love and care for me, and have good friends. Sometimes, even the bitter
moments where their presence is suddenly slipped from my fingers, can make me scared.

Actually, i'm not sure whether i'm scared, or just suddenly sad. The feeling that you're missing someone.
That that person used to be there, in that room, but is now gone. Nothing about them remains,
not their laugh, smile or voice. Maybe the fact of not knowing. where are they? when will they return?

I often get this feeling when someone is about to leave, mostly overseas or on a trip. I just don't
know how to combat it. thnk about something else? why am i so not tolerant to begin with?
or am i just really pessimistic? whatever the reason, what i fear most, is that pang of the heart you get,
when you really miss someone, or you know they'll be gone soon, and that in a little while you'll be
by yourself, with nothing but the echo of a memory.

what's worse. is when you shared something special with that person, whether a movie, a show,
food or a game. and the next time you meet that something, but by yourself, everything seems
to remind you of a memory, a good memory, but in the physical world there is nothing and
the presence you felt is no longer there. and suddenly, so suddenly. you just feel a little lonely.



No comments:

Followers